Wednesday, August 5, 2009

TREASURES OF NATURE

Today Stevie and I took a SLOW walk by the temple. She was so careful to support my arm as we were walking because she knows that I am still so tender and sore. We sat up by the temple and had a really nice conversation. On our way back we took a walk through some woods and Stevie's great eyes spotted some blackberry bushes that were ready to be picked. She left me there and RAN back to the house as fast as her legs would carry her. She came back with a couple of dishes for us to collect them in so that we could make some fresh blackberry jam. YUM!

(Cell phones have been nice to catch moments like these since carrying my big camera around all the time isn't possible. The quality of the pictures aren't so great, but the memories are.)

Here is our LOOT! We probably could have picked twice as much but my body was tired, achy and HOT from our walk so I threw up the white flag first.

(won't Mimi and Grampy be SO happy for some freezer jam?)

13 comments:

LL said...

sounds like a perfect walk. Location and company!
SO GREAT to see you out and about AND SMILING!!!!
I think about you all the time, looking forward to a nice MLB when you're up to partying again!

Undaunted said...

Mmmm, what a wonderful way to spend time with your daughter. That is some yummy, yummy loot. :)

ellen said...

The secret is out -- I'm going to look for those bushes!

Anonymous said...

so nice to see you out and soaking up the sun. HEAL QUICK!!

I'm blackberry picking Saturday for fresh blackberry pie. MMmm! (Of course the vines are everywhere here in OR. I have to regularly pull little shoots out of my yard so they don't overtake.)

Jo Jo said...

Wow, didn't know those were there. Good for her for finding those treasures, you for walking, and picking berries, and yum!

rocky said...

Bow-Wow! I love blackberries! My mom taught me how to bite them right off the bush -- yum! Mom also says you are an amazing woman -- you always have a smile on your face, even when you had needles poking you everywhere! You can't go wrong, recuperating in the shadows of the temple! Wish I was there walking along with ya -- Rocky

April said...

Oh what a delightful outing! I'm so glad you got to feel the sunshine and enjoy cute Stevie. What a sweet memory you made today!

Jane said...

That Stevie is just as cute as her Mama. I love blackberries---you should ship me some ha ha! We all know how well shipping fruit turned out.

Wiggles said...

Blackberries, yum! Good to see you up and about. Stevie is a great little nurse and a wonderful daughter. I can't think of a better place to spend some time healing.

Joy said...

Hey I need you freezer jam recipe.

Sojourner said...

What a great place to rest peacefully being at the temple.:-)

nanci said...

So glad to know you're healing! Those berries look delish!

shirlgirl said...

Oh yum!! There are blackberry bushes in the cemetery next to the fence in our back yard. I've reached through and picked some and had them for a snack. The brambles are too close for me to get any closer than that. Bet they were delicious