Thursday, August 27, 2009

SERIOUSLY?

It's a SAD day when your teenager is more devestated over missing a church activity than having her mom admitted to the hospital. True story. Tuesday evening...when I didn't come home, Steve called the kids to make sure things were okay. They wanted to know where mom was. He told them I had been rushed to the emergency room. Kayla starts sobbing into the phone...Steve tells her not to worry, mom's going to be okay. Come to find out, she wasn't crying for me, she was sobbing because she knew that she was going to have to miss her church activities.
(and a certain crush)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

No, the sad part is that your hospital visits have become so commonplace, they aren't even a shock anymore...
(that's a GORGEOUS picture!)

Aaron H. said...

Uh...duh!

Smilin' sunshine said...

That is good that she is sad over missing her church activities! (even if she is upset because there is a boy there!)

Undaunted said...

LOL Well at least you know were you rank on the food chain. :)

~ eRiN ~ said...

Well I for one am glad you're ok. Now, who's the boy?!

April said...

Oh I remember those days.... Don't worry, she ADORES you I'm sure, you just don't have prom potential :)

Jo Jo said...

Hospital stays are like saying I have to go to the bathroom at your house. No wonder she was crying ;-)

Cindi said...

I could have come and gotten them and brought them to church!!! PLEASE call me anytime anyone needs a ride...I am usually home at night!

Sarah said...

I love Kayla! I need to see her soon!

LL said...

i think this means she's an official TEENAGER!
she;s so pretty, love that girl.

ChefTom said...

It is all down hill from here. You should have never potty trained her, then boys wouldn't want to date her.

mali said...

Sweet Kayla. She is so beautiful!! She looks a bit like her Momma!

Anonymous said...

I think we all remember when the boys were the most important thing.
I could tell a few stories of my own...Just ask.
mom

shirlgirl said...

Love the picture. Sorry you were rushed to the hospital. Hope you are o.k. Enough of this stuff, o.k.?