Saturday, August 15, 2009

THE LAKES REGION

We made plans today...
to sit on the beach.
Found out my beach is closed.
(due to high bacteria levels)
I happened to run into
Steve's best friend (and wife) at the store.
They invited us to THEIR beach instead.
We're not picky.
So we joined them.
How lovely is THIS?
I LOVE the Lakes Region.
So many lakes and beaches to choose from.
It was 90 degrees today.
The lake felt refreshing.

We are so grateful to live in such a beautiful area.
(that costs us little or nothing to enjoy)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky! I was busy... um, working.
ZAP!

shirlgirl said...

Would love to put my feet in the lake, too. Then I'd really be tempted to jump in and cool off. Hot everywhere today.

ellen said...

I need to get to the beach even though I don't tan or swim. Maybe next Saturday.

April said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday! I'm so glad you got out!
Love ya

Undaunted said...

Mmmm, a wonderfully cool lake to swim in. How lovely. :)

Jo Jo said...

That was nice of them. Glad you got to go on a hot day. It's been a rainy summer.

LL said...

cute pictures!!!