Monday, August 31, 2009

BURN, BABY, BURN!

It was funny, trust me.
(only because it wasn't ME)
My husband calls me from work.
His voice is pained.
I ask him what is wrong.
There's been "an incident" he tells me.
HUH?
(he's a police officer - could be serious)

"I was sitting in my office when all of a sudden I hear this HISSING sound. I look down and realize that my OC (pepper spray) can has a hole punctured in it. It had been leaking ALL over my pants. My leg is BURNING!"

He's home a few minutes later.
In he runs, stripping his clothes at the door.
(can't get them off fast enough)
I'm trying not to laugh...really I am.
But it's kind of hard when you witness
a grown man dancing the JIG!
Not much you can do to soothe the burn.
His whole thigh was saturated.
Don't you worry your pretty little heads though...
He's taking it like a MAN! ;)

14 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh my goodness!!! That burns so bad! You have reminded me of MY close up experience with pepper spray! Poor Steve...give him my sympathy...

Jo Jo said...

Oh too funny. Feeling the burn from here. wash those pants in hot water by themselves a few times ;-)

Smilin' sunshine said...

Funny! Poor Steve! Did it burn a hole in his pants?

Cold compresses might help!

Unknown said...

hot-chotta!
Give him a *KISS* from me.
:)

Aaron H. said...

Uncle Steve is a NEWMAN!

April said...

Poor Steve, at least he's a hottie!
Lov ya

mali said...

Poor Steve! And to think you laugh during his agony? You are too funny Beck!

Undaunted said...

LOL Nothing like watching a grown man shimmy down to his skivies like a stripper on a stage. :) I would have laughed too.

LL said...

that stuff HURTS!
I had a TINY bit on my hand once...I still remember the burn.
Poor Steve!

ChefTom said...

NEWMAN!!!

The Mormon Monk said...

Ha. Thanks for sharing, Beck. This reminds me of my longstanding belief that I can always use a little more Steve in my life. Did I mention that there's a postdoc at Dartmouth that I'll be applying for? Not a great chance that I end up there...but possible. Love you!

PS--where's the email re: the trip?

Sarah said...

Uncle Steve is the man!

shirlgirl said...

Now, that's what you call a "hottie"--hope your let feels better.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Poor guy....and yet, it is a little funny!