Sunday, December 21, 2008

SANTA'S ELVES

Every year our family has the privilege of being involved with the local Santa Fund. The Police Department (namely Sgt. Cavanaugh) sponsors around 180 needy families in the Laconia area that can't afford to give their children gifts on Christmas day. We (along with others) spend lots of hours shopping, wrapping, organizing and delivering. It's a great opportunity to give of ourselves, mostly our time and talents. I have to give a lot of credit to Steve and my three older children. They have been down to the local community center to wrap for countless hours. I haven't been able to go as much because of Benjamin. Today we spent 7 hours (after church) wrapping, wrapping and wrapping some more. We had a blast. Here are some pictures from today.
Here is the head elf...we like to call him "Jingles".
"Bubbles" was a wrapping machine.
Oh...did I mention that "Jingles" was also our toy tester? He especially liked turning tricks on these kid bikes.

Here is our sweet elf "Sugarplum".
She's sugar and spice and everything nice.
This is a glimpse of all the boxes full of gifts.
(this is not all...oh no, there are MORE)
They are labled and packaged and ready for delivery.
(which happens Christmas Eve)
Last but not least is "Snowflake"...this little elf probably outwrapped us all. She never even took a break to eat dinner, had me bring it to her instead. Eat and wrap, eat and wrap. It doesn't end here...we'll be delivering all of these gifts to the needy families on Christmas Eve. More pictures and details to come. Stay tuned! :)

13 comments:

ellen said...

Basically, your family is awesome!

LL said...

i second what EP said...so true!
And the elf names, MY FAVORITE!
this is such a neat thing, I wanna help...good for you guys.

ChefTom said...

You guys are a great example, thanks.

shirlgirl said...

What a great activity for the family. There is pure joy here, and those families will be so grateful. This is what Christmas is all about--doing for others and giving of yourselves. Love, Aunt Shirley

Joy said...

What a fun family activity and experiece. There is nothing quite like help out others. The true meaning of Christmas!

Alicia said...

Those are the cutest elves I have ever seen. What a great opportunity for your family.

Tara Bennett said...

This is AMAZING! I love it. You always inspire me - thank you.

I call Chloe Sugarplum too! Funny. Maybe I should start calling my husband 'Jingles' too. He'd LOVE it! ;O) He would definitely be a good toy tester too.

Ashlee said...

What a fun time! I love to wrap presents. :0) So do my kids. I'd love to find something like that around here.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

what a wonderful opportunity....i love hearing of service stories like that around this time of year.

Jo Jo said...

I love the names of the elves - what is your name? Sugar Plum Fairy would suit you fine. Sorry about missing the phone call - am in Texas.

The Vieiras said...

you all are so great! I am constantly impressed with the good example your family sets.

April said...

How fun! You are such great little elves-- always looking for a way to make magic for others!

paulak said...

YOu truly have an amazing family. I admire all that you do for others. Thank you! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Love you guys!