Sunday, December 28, 2008

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Only one verse of scripture in the entire King James Version of the New Testament suggests what the Savior did to develop himself from age twelve until he began his formal ministry at age thirty:
“Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man”
(Luke 2:52; see JST, Matt. 3:24–26).
the Savior developed: intellectually (in wisdom and knowledge), physically (in stature), socially (in favor with man), and spiritually (in favor with God).
*****
I am convinced that if we make and keep resolutions in these four areas, we will have a happier and more successful new year this coming year and every year for the rest of our lives. Let’s consider the nature of such resolutions and the benefits that can be ours if our resolve to improve ourselves is firm.
Joe J. Christensen
(you can read more of his talk here)

10 comments:

Cindi said...

I LOVE this approach! Thank you for sharing this...I feel encouraged already! Missed seeing you today. Hope all is well.

LL said...

Great thought!
and Happy Sabbath my friend.

ChefTom said...

I love you Sunday messages.

Jane said...

So true! Makes me want to be a better person just reading that. I have a few goals that I am going to be working on this year too.

Jo Jo said...

Love this thought (and visuals). I have a few more days to get my next year in order, so i am thinking.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Thanks for posting....i have thought of a few things i want to claim as resolutions, and we i think i will do a fHE of resolutions....these thoughts will help, as i think about what i want to focus on with the new year upon us.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

ps love the background! Really cute!

Unknown said...

I've really been thinking hard about the new year already... I'm looking forward to reading this talk.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh, and now that I have... thanks for the new year's message for our RS newsletter! I'm totally plagerizing from your post. Good stuff. Thanks again.

Sojourner said...

Thank you for sharing this, this would be the best new years resolution for all to strive for.