Thursday, January 29, 2009

HE'S NOT HEAVY...

He's my son.

(okay, he IS heavy...but I still love him)
I never thought I would see this day.
The day where Ben would be really hard to move around.
It's here and it makes me sad.
He's now 50lbs.
I can still lift him, but it's hard.
Really hard.
Most days I rely on my big, beefy husband.
Other days I muscle down and do it.
Today we had A-TECH come out.
They did an evaluation on our home.
We are looking at getting a lift and track system,
and most likely an elevator,
to move him from place to place and floor to floor
Thankfully there is funding out there to help us with it.
We are hoping to get the ramp system done at the same time.
Great will be the day when our home is officially
"HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE"!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love him so much! But when I found out what a track was i was like,we should have that all over the house! love STEVIE

shirlgirl said...

Friends of ours had a lift put in their house because he couldn't do the stairs anymore. He has since passed away, but the lift is still there. Lois's grandson loves to ride in the chair. One never knows if Lois may need it some day, so there is remains. I think that would be great for you to have for Ben. I can't even imagine picking him up. Lifting 20 pounds is enough for me. Good luck with getting it. Stevie is so cute with her remark.

LL said...

a childhood friend of mine had a chair lift on her stairs...I always wanted to play on it. If you get one, can I come play?

Cute Ben, 50lbs of goodness!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I hope you can get all that stuff soon....i am sure it will make life a little easier....he is such a cute kid....but i can only imagine the back pain that would come from trying to carry him from place to place!

April said...

HOORAY!!! That is awesome! That will be SO good for you and Ben! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Jo Jo said...

Finally. I'm still waiting on the back deck version of ramp accessible. Stevie is very cute. I want her to visit my blog. I'm very sad right now. Can't say more.

Swimmingmom said...

What a process to get everything done to make your life more manageable. That must be so tough to lift him, be careful! Technically speaking, that's a 2 person lift ;-) Like you always have an extra set of hands around or something!!!! Hope it all works out.

Unknown said...

You're making me laugh. And Stevie? 'nuff said.
Yay for the lift!
(and accessible funding!)