Thursday, October 2, 2008

MY FRIEND AABHEER

I have a new best friend. (don't be jealous) His name is Aabheer. He's from southern India and his favorite food is a "mango pickle". I met him last night. We bonded. (Four hours on the phone can do that to you.) You see, he's from "Dell Tech Support". It's a mutual friendship. I needed him and he needed me. I needed him because my computer was broken, my pictures and videos apparently lost forever. He needed me to keep him employed. See how this works? It wasn't an easy friendship, there was a language barrier. We worked through it and came out stronger. We laughed, we cried, we even fought. In the end...my computer was fixed and we both shouted for joy! He got to go home and I went to bed. Now if you'll excuse me...I'm off in search of a "mango pickle" to eat in his honor.

12 comments:

ChefTom said...

WOOHOO!!!! Becky's back.

tomorrow we will learn the word BACK-UP, this is a word that spares you from large amounts of heart-ache when used often and properly.

Becky said...

cheftom - almost learned the HARD way! I will back-up my stuff, I will - promise!

ellen said...

Try mozy.com. It works for me!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Glad it is fixed! It would be so sad to lose all of that stuff!

Gilbert Family said...

Glad everything is up and running...can't wait for more posts!

LL said...

i'm doing cartwheels. it isn't pretty but i'm EXCITED!!!
you've been MISSED my dear. but what I'm most happy about is the fact that your pics were saved.
I backed everything AGAIN yesterday, you've been a good example.
Glad it all worked out. See YOU tomorrow. :)

Jo Jo said...

Welcome back, have missed you tons...so mango pickles? Amy Jo

LL said...

btw. in all my joy. i forgot to mention how FUNNY this post was. I think we need to go eat Indian food in Aabheers honor. What a good man. I especially love that you and your new friend have already had a fight. You make me laugh.
Mango pickle sounds delish.
We love you AABHEER

Unknown said...

I vote that we eat WHATEVER we eat in Aabheer's honor. Yea for your computer being happy again! Yea for saving all your pics! And MOST of all, HOORAY that you're BACK! (insert happy dance here)

Tina said...

HAHA!! This is soo funny to read...you've really got a blogg support...haha. I'm soo happy about it!! Maybe even a little jealous :). But all in all, I'm happy you talking to Mr. Tech Support, Aabheer, for forever i'm assuming, has solved your computer crisis and i'm glad you're back to feed me MORE...please who needs food with you your blog around. Really?? Love it!!
Miss you, wish i could come MESS up your newly cleaned and organized home, haha just kidding, LOVE you. Thought about you & Benji tonite after the debate, i saw Sarah Palin's down syndrome boy and got the chills and it made me feel like i do when i hold Benji. Next summer needs to be here already!!
<3 Tina

Alicia said...

You make me laugh. I am glad you have a fixed computer and a new friend, very cool!

barryblog said...

Yeah!! Welcome back!! Thank heavens for the Mango Pickle and the nourishment and stregnth it gave your new BFF to help fix the problem. So, GO MANGO PICKLES!!!