Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MY BEEHIVES


Cute Kayla digging out her fort, I love the little flakes on her nose

One of the best parts of being a 2nd counselor in the Young Women's presidency at my church is working with my own daughter Kayla. She is such a joy and so fun to be with. Last night we had planned to go ice skating for our activity but the local outdoor town rink was not ready for skaters so we had to go to plan B. In leiu of skating we decided that we would stay at the church and have fun building a snowman together and then afterward we would have hot chocolate. We arrived at the church around 6:30pm and went out in the snow about 10 minutes later. As soon as we got outside my daughter quickly informed me that the snow was not moldable. Of all nights!! We had just had that new snow fall the day before but it happened to be the light, fluffy stuff. Plan C...we decided to just play in the snow. Because the parking lot had been plowed, it made for a good spot to make a snow fort. The girls jumped all over that idea. A couple of times they enlisted my help to make the hole bigger. It was a fun night and we were really happy to drink our hot chocolate after being out in the really cold weather for an hour.
Sister Orton helping with the snow fort.
Kayla and Brittany staking out a good spot for a snow fort
Laura making her own snow cave

2 comments:

Alicia said...

How fun, I have no doubt those beehives love you as a leader. I have been in Enrichment for so many years, I would love to work with the Young Women. I still can't get over that snow. By the way, I didn't comment on your last post, but tell Stevie I am so impressed and I think she is a hero.

Rachel said...

Hey Becky! I saw you linked on Alicia's site and thought I'd drop by and say hello. How's NH treating you? I've been missing it lately...so much going on. Anyway, love all the pictures. Your kids are sure cute!