Monday, January 3, 2011

NYE EVE and NIGHT

I had the pleasure of hosting four nieces for a couple of nights last week.  (Steve and Kaleb hightailed it south)   We filled our time with all things girly.  The first night they arrived I fed them dinner, played some games and they split for a movie...the younger half in my room, the older half in the basement.
These ladies hunkered down for a Pirate's of the Caribbean movie-a-thon.  It was all about Jack Sparrow this weekend.
Early the next morning, after a nutritious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, they played Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Check out my girls, they have some serious synchronization going on.
Favorite dance of the weekend?  Bollywood!
These two have mad dancing skillz.
They then moved upstairs for some SNORTA.  All around good fun.
I did make them get out a couple times for some fresh air.  The dogs appreciated that.  
Lunch time and games.  Made for a great combination.
The girls had to guess who's name was on their forehead by only asking yes or no questions.
 Sarah Jane was the hands down winner...with both names she got.
 Kayla, deep in thought...wishing that the name on her forehead said Jack Sparrow.
 We moved from lunch and games to pedicures/hair and movies.
 We had a full blown salon going on in the basement.
 They drew names and took turns making each other pretty.
It was quite fun to watch.


Dinner and bubbly.
With a game of Charades for dessert.  Can you guess what she's trying to act out?
 How 'bout her?
 or her?
 or her?
 shopping cart maybe?
 I have no idea...
The winner of my games won one of these.  Every girl likes a little (or big) bling!
 Back down stairs for more Wii.  This time they donned my boots...dancing is always more fun in boots.
(you should try it)
 Did I mention that the Bollywood dance was the favorite of the night?

 A little ice cream before the big moment...
And just before midnight...we took off our shoes and socks...rolled up our pants, collected items to carry and RAN out the door, around the entire house in the snow.  I LOVE this tradition.
Out with the OLD...and in with the NEW!
Happy  New Year!

14 comments:

Jo Jo said...

May I be the first to comment that wow, what a night. Those are some serious fun girls. Did you all miss Jen's party?

LL said...

SO FUN!
Let there not be lice in your New Year. I see all those girls and I worry for you ;-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR, looks like you guys brought it in the right way.

Aaron H. said...

A truly impressive weekend o' fun. Thank you cards en route.

April said...

What an awesome GIRLIE weekend!! I love it! Next year I'm joining in the fun!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Wow! What a fun time! BTW, I am guessing Kayla is acting out standing under a mistletoe!

Unknown said...

Out with the old and in with the new!
AMEN.
And thanks for hosting the girl party--ours was a little heavy on the testosterone, but still a ROCKIN' good new year's!
:)

Junior said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time. Happy New Year

The Kings said...

WOW!!!! You are just too fun Becky!!! You would be like the most favorite Aunt EVER!!!!!

Alana said...

I'm jealous. I want to go to a girl party. Its always a boy party around here.Looks like a lot of fun.

Nettie's Blog said...

oh what fun....Happy New Year Ortons in the snow...from the Clarks in the sun....
and what is SNORTA... i would love to know what that game is?????

shirlgirl said...

Looks like all the cousins and their wonderful Mom/Aunt had a super good time. What wonderful memories they are making.

Audrey said...

Very Cute Girls!!! It looked like tons of fun!

Alicia said...

You are the most fun aunt ever. Wow, it's been a while since I have been to your blog, not sure where it went, but I have found it again. Hope all is going well for you, I think of you often and admire your strength. Here's to a Happy New Year!

Tara Bennett said...

WOW! I might move to New Hampshire JUST so I can have girls night with you! You know how to do it RIGHT!!!

Happy 2011 friend!!! xo