Monday, March 30, 2009

20 DAYS

(Ben's favorite nurse)
That's how long this admission has been.
Ben is still on the same vent settings,
they started him on another antibiotic,
and some new seizure medications.

We still have a few more days ahead of us.I feel energized and Ben feels refreshed.
(he received a spa treatment today from
his favorite nurse AMY!)
I know that we'll be out of here soon!
(fingers and toes crossed)

My dad came up to keep me company. He came armed with his scrabble board. It's a favorite past time of ours. The games can get really competitive. Neither one of us are good losers. I lost the first game and quit the second. I blame it on sleep exhaustion. :)

7 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Was it those two-letter words that got to you? Gotta have that very worn scrabble dictionary next to you. Your Dad is an old pro at that board game. I'll bet Benji felt good after his spa treatment. He looks like he is enjoying the head being washed. Good for him. I tried to call you on your cell tonight and got your voice mail. This is the second time I've tried to call you to talk to you.

April said...

Ben looks so cute getting all "suddsed" up! I bet that felt good:) Sorry it wasn't a lucky scrabble day for you, but lucky for you, you have a great Dad! Hope your luck keeps getting better-- all the way to HOME!

Undaunted said...

LOL scrabble is not my best game. Spelling :P I am glad that Ben is stable. We will keep our fingers and toes crossed too. Love ya

Jo Jo said...

How fun for you! That was a good thing for him to do on his day off. You're loved a lot. It's a good thing you chose to lose.

ellen said...

Did you throw the Scrabble board?!?

Jane said...

Hugs Becky and Ben! I am so glad you had good company today.

Smilin' sunshine said...

I hope you get to go to your real home soon!

You have a great dad! So nice of him to beat you at Scrabble!