Sunday, June 20, 2010

FINDING JOY

Amidst the grief, the pain and the longing that we feel...there is hope, happiness and JOY intertwined with those moments.  And I am grateful for those reprieves.  This picture is one of my most favorites from Ben's burial service.  I love it because if you look closely, right above Steve's head, you can see our daughter Stevie with her cousin finding JOY on a day that was so unbelievably hard.  And that's the way life is meant to be.  We know there will be hard times, we've all experienced it in some form or another.  Along with those experiences, our Father in Heaven allows us to find JOY.  Some days it is harder to find than others, but when we finally do...the peace, and the smiles and the laughter will follow.  And for that, I'm eternally grateful. Happy Father's Day to one of the most wonderful father's I know.  I love you Steve!

11 comments:

Undaunted said...

I so agree. A scripture that has really impacted me this week is D&C 58:3. It helps me to remember that I will someday know the His design. I love you. May you have more and more moments of Joy.

Smilin' sunshine said...

I loved the kids on that day! They were sad, but still found the happiness in being together!!

LL said...

"Life is to be ENJOYED not just endured." YOU are a perfect example of this.
Thank you~xoxo

The Kings said...

Oh wow - this photo is so awesome - I would've missed that and just focused on how sad it is with your husband being comforted.
I'm glad you are able to find a little bit of joy in these sad days.

Jeannette said...

What a beautiful message and a beautiful picture, so much meaning can come from a simple snapshot, just one of the reasons why I love photography. You truly are an inspiration to me Becky, your strength is such an example to all of us, thank you for that:)

Jo Jo said...

Such a great thought. My heart has been with Steve all day today. I love the picture because of his father's love. What a great thing to see on Father's Day.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

What a wonderful testimony that is for all of us. Thanks for sharing.

shirlgirl said...

Yes, with sadness there is also joy, and it's great to see the cousins have a little fun. Benji would want that. That is a great picture and thanks for sharing. I think I had already saved it in my picture folder from a previous post. You are certainly an inspiration. I hope Steve's Father's Day was a peaceful one with the love of his children and sweet wife surrounding him.

April said...

HAPPY FATHER'S Day Steve. I was going to send you a BYU shirt, but I figured you already know how much I love you ;)
You truly are an amazing Father and share such love and joy with your children in Heaven and on Earth.
Thinking of you all today...

Tanya said...

What a touching picture, Becky, in so many ways! Thanks for sharing so much. Y'all are ever in our thoughts and prayers. God bless-

Adam and Anya said...

Awesome photo. Awesome family!