Sunday, April 6, 2008

CELEBRATING MOTHERS


I know why I LOVE conference. It's talks like Elder Ballard's on MOTHERHOOD that leaves me SO refreshed and ready to take on the world! I am so grateful that I am a mother and one that can stay home with my children. I feel valued and important as a mother and I'm glad that I know who I am and what I stand for. I am lucky to have a husband who supports my valuable role. I am lucky that he affords me some time off when I need it.


Here's to all the MOM's out there and for all that you do for your FAMILIES!

10 comments:

LL said...

his talk was my FAVORITE. well, his and the closing remarks from President Monson. good stuff.
Love the post and cute pic of you with the kids.

Erica said...

HOORAH for Elder Ballard and Mothers everywhere! Thanks for the shout out to mothers, Becky. I, too, am grateful for a good husband :) YAY for conference, it was wonderful!

Gilbert Family said...

I have to agree, that was my favorite talk as well. What a great Conference we had!

smart mama said...

so this is your anna quindlen pictures of the kids in the grass- it was a most excellent talk!

Cathy said...

Great talk! I listened to it again last night (ksl.com downloads). I'm ready to take on motherhood again.

Ashlee said...

Oh yeah. His was my favorite by far. Even my kid listened to it. We'll see if he actually does what he was told. :0)

Alicia said...

Ditto to all the above comments, great talk, love being a stay at home mom and knowing we are supported by the leaders of the church no matter what our circumstances. With that said, today is one of those days I am ready to turn in my mom badge, go figure the irony.

Anonymous said...

Have i ever told you i LOVE this picture?? What a BEAUTIFUL family you have!! Yes, you do deserve to be celebrated!! I'm proud of you...you're an AMAZING mother!! I too loved Elder Ballard's talk, even though i'm not yet a mommy, SOMEDAY!!
<3 you.
Tina

paulak said...

That was a great talk. I am just glad I am a mother now when I listened to that. There have been some talks in the past that were more difficult to listen to. Great post.

~ eRiN ~ said...

Ok, I barely remember those little babies! They're so great!!! =)