Monday, March 10, 2008

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

For FHE tonight I made a menu in french with 18 items on it and had my family each choose 6 things from the menu. Because no one in my family knows french, they were in for a surprise. Included on the menu were chicken, pasta, various vegetables, pumpkin pie, whipped cream, plates, utensils, cups, etc. So...if they did not choose wisely, they were served without a plate, right on the table. Some got dessert first, others had just vegetables. I divided the dinner into 3 different courses, so eventually they got their whole meal - just in a mixed up, scrambled way. (don't worry, I cleaned the table really well before putting their food on it.) We had such a blast and I'm sure the kids will be begging to do it again real soon.

Kaleb was not too happy to have his vegetables first...
Kayla did not pick a plate or utensils so she had to eat from the table...
Steve was lacking a plate, but atleast he got a fork...
2nd course made Kaleb very happy because he got his dessert...
Stevie was left with no plate to eat her dinner...
3rd course Steve and Stevie both did not order a cup so I had to serve their juice on a plate - that was interesting...

For the FHE activity, dad gave rides to the three older children...

10 comments:

LL said...

FUN FUN FUN idea. I love it! I need to try that one of these days (i would be a little afraid to eat off our table). I'm glad you took pictures!
NICE WORK!

Aaron said...

very creative. nice job.

Erica said...

I laughed hysterically at the "rides" video! That was so cute...looks like Kaleb's as rough with Steve as Noah is with Scott!! BOYS!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Fun family night! Can we come over next time?

Rachel said...

Again, you're such a cool Mom! What a great idea...and I love how excited the kids all were. Oh and the rides video, hysterical! Thanks for a good laugh!!!

Jenn said...

Way too much fun at your house! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I knew I was going to miss a good time!! You guys are so much fun. Thanks for sharing with us all on your BLOG.

Gertrude

Alicia said...

What a fun idea, gonna have to put that on my to do list for FHE.

~ eRiN ~ said...

Awesome idea for dinner. You're so creative. You should tell Blythe to do that for her family but in Spanish since she's taking a class. =) I love the video, what a good daddy!

paulak said...

I love that idea. I may have to use that sometime, when my kids are older of course. That video was fun to watch. I found myself smiling the whole time and call me silly....I even got a little teary eyed. You have such a fun family. I love it!