Friday, January 8, 2010

WELLNESS

That's my word for 2010.  Instead of making the long list of resolutions, I'm following some other blogging friends and choosing a word to represent how I would like for my 2010 year to be.Yes, wellness would be NICE.  It would be nice not to have to be a patient in a hospital, go through any more surgeries, be sick, or watch my child suffer through another illness. It would be nice not to find a lump on my throat, overdose my child or be overdosed by my doctor.  It would be nice to not have my lung collapse, or fly across the United States on another medical flight, or find out that my child's surgery for his hearing failed.  It would be nice not to have to chase anymore ambulances, worry about DNR's or injure myself while playing sports.  It would be nice NOT be a regular visitor to the ER, have a child's joints swell and be painful or have my husband lose any more teeth.  It would be nice to not have to witness any more seizures, add one more scar to my body or have a child that deals with chronic gut issues. It would be nice not to have to have any more IV's blow, call my child's neurologist in an emergency situation or sleep over 100 nights in the PICU up at Dartmouth.  Yes my friends...WELLNESS is my goal.  Not only in health, but in mind, body and most importantly spirit.

11 comments:

LL said...

i'll drink to that!

Cindi said...

Amen...(love your smile!)

Undaunted said...

Heck Yea! Mine is pacients and work. :)

Erica said...

'Nuf said! (p.s. I wish that for you, too!)

April said...

I think 2010 will be a year of happiness and health! (and love as always!!!!)

Wiggles said...

I say bring it on!!

Tara Bennett said...

WOW. That is the perfect word for you. I forgot how many horrible things your family went through in '09, probably because you're so happy and positive all the time. And I think you forgot the caroling incident! Cheers to a well 2010 for the Orton clan! :O)

Unknown said...

Good goal.
I wish it (for you) too.

ChefTom said...

That would be so awesome if you can pull it off, although the local medical community would have to layoff staff because you are well.

ChefTom said...

It would also be nice if steve could not fill his pants in 2010.... with pepper spray.

Jo Jo said...

Was losing a tooth on that list? No dentist visits either.