Thursday, July 16, 2009

A SPECIAL PROMISE

"Parents who have surrendered the sweetest and smallest flowers from the family's garden need to remember our Heavenly Father.
He has promised a special reward to those who now suffer in slience, who spend long days and longer nights through their trying times of bereavement. Our Creator has promised glory.He said, "For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but nigh at hand." (D&C 58:4) That promised glory includes the blessing of reunion with each child who has left the family circle to help surviving members of the family to draw nearer to God. Those children still live and are a heritage to the Lord."
RUSSELL M. NELSON

This quote is near and dear to my heart. And so are you! Thank you dear friends and family for the lovely flowers during my hospitilization period. It was a dark time for me.

Thank you for lifting my spirits.

7 comments:

Undaunted said...

Ah Beck, I love you so. You are a strong, sensitive, wonderful woman who blesses everyone who happens to be privilaged enough to know you. I know your time has been dark and you don't feel strong, but to me you are such a blessing. I love you and know that your glory will be as a thousand suns. I hope that someday I will have your strenght.

Jo Jo said...

I love the beginning of that quote comparing children to flowers and family gardens. Anyway, they indeed brighten your day. A second thanks to all who shared.

April said...

Beautiful. Just like you are.

LL said...

what a perfect quote. I love it!
Glad you have so many people showing you their love...
You are loved!

mali said...

You are truly loved Becky!

Sojourner said...

Did that little poem on glass I sent "Footprints in the sand" help lift your spirits,I have one myself and read it once in a while.

shirlgirl said...

Beautiful flowers! I'm sure they lifted your sad spirit. Hope you are doing better. Love you.