Tuesday, November 30, 2010

UNCOOL!

Today I took a nap that was less than restful. 
First I dreamt that the house we were living in caught fire.
I remember knowing in my dream that Ben had died
because I wanted to get all of his stuff out of the house.
I wore socks to bed because my feet were cold.
But woke up from my dream FLAMING HOT!
I kicked my socks off and rolled over.
Too late, I was awake.
And feeling like something wasn't right.
I threw the covers off and ran downstairs.  
It was even HOTTER than upstairs.
The thermometer read 94 degrees.
UNCOOL!
I could hardly breathe.
I looked at the pellet stove and realized my mistake.
I had turned the burn rate up thinking it was the blower speed.
(duh!)

I gave up the nap and headed out to run some errands.  
Because I was tired and feeling lazy, 
I threw my hair up into a hat.
After the errands were through,
I met the kids over at the school to pick them up.
Kayla was still finishing up her practice
so Kaleb and I sat and watched.
Out of the blue he turns to me and says...
"Mom, no offense but you don't look good in a hat."
WHAT?!?
First off all, I'm not trying to 'look good in a hat'.
I just didn't want to do my hair.
Secondly, WHAT?!?
"And those shoes?  They don't really go with your outfit."
(as he slides down the bleachers)
Seriously?
UNCOOL!
I just got totally dissed by my 14 year old.
What-ev.

9 comments:

LL said...

It's a harsh reality....as moms, we all have to face it!
I'm laughing WITH you!

shirlgirl said...

Funny!

Unknown said...

Yeah, what-ev.
Join the club.

Aaron H. said...

I had bet money you had already changed your FB profile to that hat shot. I lost. Uncool.

The Kings said...

ha ha! I can't wait till Jalen starts telling me similar things. I'm still pretty cool in his eyes, but I don't think it'll be too long.
In my opinion I think you are ULTRA cool!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Everyone has to have an off day, even you who is ubercool!

Jo Jo said...

Tanner use to say stuff like that to me, not so much now.

troutdalite said...

haha...join the so uncool club. i remember one of my guys talking about how much i embarrass him. i asked him what i wore that did that. the answer was "ANYTHING!". Though the alternative is frightening...
whatev!

Becky said...

not true i did not slide down the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!