Wednesday, November 17, 2010

UNCLE DAVID

 Today my Uncle David passed away from a long and courageous battle of pancreatic cancer.  I'm grateful for the opportunity my family had to visit and say goodbye to him last Thursday.  On my way out the door, I bent down to give him a big hug and kiss and I made him promise me that he would pass that on to Benjamin when he got to the other side.  He opened his eyes and looked at me and nodded his head that he would.  I take great comfort in knowing that he was able to embrace my son today and let him know how much I love and miss him.
I love my Uncle David.  He was by far my most favorite Uncle.  I remember as a little girl Uncle David coming to visit us when we lived in Colorado.  One of the toilets in the house at the time was not working and so he rolled up his sleeves and went to work.  In no time he had that toilet working again and from that point on he became my hero.  He never let me forget the letter that I sent him when our toilet broke again.  I wrote to him, "Dear Uncle David, come QUICK.  Our toilet is broken.  Love, Becky"  I'm sure if he could have, he would have hopped on a plane that very day to come rescue us.
We miss you already Uncle David.
Keep watch over Ben for me.
xoxo

4 comments:

Junior said...

Becky I am so sorry, your family is in our prayers.
Hugs and love

Tanya said...

Becky, our family is keeping yours in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it brings your great comfort knowing he'll be with Ben! Hang in there!

God bless-

Tanya and Family

April said...

Oh Becky
I am so very sorry. You're in my heart....

shirlgirl said...

Hi Becky--I am sure that Uncle David and Benji are playing ball in heaven. Uncle David is at peace now. I am so grateful that you were all there last week--it meant so much to the both of us. He was a very special man, and I will miss him dearly. We had a wonderful life together with lots of laughs, too. And he truly was TGO, The Great One!! As Jenny had said in an email to us, Heavenly Father was making room for one more angel. I'm looking forward to hearing the children sing "I Am a Child of God" at his funeral on Monday. It is one of my favorite hymns from your hymn book. Lots of love to you. Aunt Shirley