Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LAKEFRONT CONNECTIONS...

Yesterday we got to spend a most AMAZING day at the lake.  We used a friend's lake front property that came equipped with all kinds of fun water toys.  Steve was on duty and so he didn't get to play with us, but certainly got even with me at the beginning of the day.  It was the first time I had been to our friend's house...(he's a good friend of Steve's from the workplace who was out for the day)...and Steve gave me directions.  We were all unloaded and sitting in the back yard when Steve dropped by.  I was running back to my car to get some stuff that I needed when I saw him pulling into the driveway.  As I'm reaching inside my car, he rolls down his car window and says, "Becky!  You're at the WRONG HOUSE!"  "WHAT?!?" I ask.  "You're at the wrong house...it's the one next to this house,"  he tells me.  My heart started beating really fast and I had visions of the home owner coming home to find all these strangers in their back yard.  My face went white and I just about rounded the crowd up to move when he casually says..."KIDDING!"  Uh huh.  Funny Steve.  17 years of marriage and I STILL fall for his pranks.  My poor heart.  After that we endured a 20 minute deluge and I was fearing that our perfect lake day would be cut short.  Thankfully the sun did come back out and we all lived happily ever after.

10 comments:

Undaunted said...

One of the best ways to spend the day. :D The lake looks fine!

The Kings said...

oh wow!!! How awesome is that place!!! So cool. Steve cracks me up - he sounds like he has the same sense of humor as Aaron, so I totally understand your pain! ;)

Unknown said...

SSssssshhhhhhhh!!!!
:)
Thanks for a great day.

Smilin' sunshine said...

Looks like it was a blast! Sorry I missed it, like I always do!!

Wiggles said...

Great pictures, great fun!!! It did turn out to be a beautiful day. Glad you found a great place to enjoy it.

Junior said...

looks like you all had an awesome time. great pictures

April said...

Oh how fun!!! What a gorgeous place!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with such special people! Love you! (Steve cracks me up!)

shirlgirl said...

Wonderful pictures and glad you had a nice time. That Steve is a character--only he would think up something like that.

Jo Jo said...

It was a good time. Glad for those lake front connections!

LL said...

FABULOUS pictures!
Looks SO fun, I love the shot of little baby Jones with her beach toys.
CUTE!