Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MY KNEE

This post is not for the faint of HEART...get it?  HEART?
I feel as if I have overdone the topic of heart these last couple of days that I decided it would be best to move onto another body part.  How about my knee?  Over a month ago I was playing basketball with some guys and fell really hard on my left knee.  I've never, ever in all my year of playing, landed on my knee the way I did that day.  I knew it was only bruised, but I bruised it about as hard as I could.  I fell on the outside of my knee but the pain was all around.  To this day I still can't kneel on it...too painful.  As a result I have fluid around my knee.  My girls think it's WAY cool, Kaleb starts to gag.  I barely touch the skin and it ripples.  I'm almost wishing I had a video because I know you'd LOVE to see it.  So the other night we were playing with it and Steve gave me the idea to use a syringe to take some of the fluid out.  (no worries, everything was sterile and clean)  As of tonight I have done it three times now, each time getting about 3mls of fluid.  I figure it's good practice for when I become a nurse.  Enjoy and you're welcome.

7 comments:

LL said...

that's it. We are so OVER!
(i didn't even look. I just read the words and zoomed past the photos....opposite of how I read books)
:-)

Nettie's Blog said...

Man girl you have some nerves of steel to do that procedure to yourself...one tough lady!!!!!
i could do it to someone else but NAH!!!!! not to to myself...i am a sook...

shirlgirl said...

The knee looks red and hot! Question as to whether you should be on an antibiotic for this. Don't you think you should check with the doctor before doing this? You really are something else, nurse Becky! I wouldn't even consider doing that.

Anonymous said...

Umm Hello!!! Don't you think you have met your portion of your deductible and might just hop in to get that checked? Actually I am usually a do it yourself kinda gal too - but that was wow - can't imagine doing and I have had knee surgery!

Dannette

Adam and Anya said...

Nasty. P.S. - Where are you getting this "medical equipment"?

LOL, hopefully the next post won't be a DIY pacemaker. Crazy girl!!!

Alana said...

That's it Beck, I'm renaming your blog "House of Pain." Most entries either involve physical or emotional pain and a trip to the hospital. Sheesh! I hope the drain helped.

HandS said...

ouchie....the Doc needled my knee ..into the joint...and took off 50 ml...funny, cos the joint then hurt like mad.. it wasn't cushioned anymore!! its building up again but that is "normal"...however,my other knee needs a scope and the rt one has been scheduled for a replacement...I am also a nurse....and years ago when I had my appendix out ..my mum said."I guess you have to experience it first!!"... have fun and do watch out for infection as you interrupted the integrity of the joint a lot...you may have torn your ACL or meniscus....which may or may not need surgery... and looking at the date you prolly know what you did by now!!....