Tuesday, May 13, 2008

FUNNY!

So yesterday...I was on my own. NOT because my husband was working...but because he was GOLFING! Not only was he golfing, but he was THREE HOURS away, golfing in a tournament. That means he was out of the house by 6am and didn't arrive home until 9:30pm - a whole day devoted to golf. Must be nice. Really, I'm okay with it except I was a little grumpy when he didn't make it home for Family Home Evening. (he forgot to share with me the little detail that it was down on the CAPE) Anywho...I survived. No big deal. Did my usual 5 loads of laundry, swept and washed my kitchen floors, made all three meals for the day, attended Kayla's track meet, brought Ben to his PT appointment, helped the kids with their homework, had FHE, and tucked all the kiddos into bed. After all was said and done, in rolls my husband. I was a little perplexed as to why his long face when he came into the bedroom. He proceeded to turn around and that's when I saw it. The back of his pants were ripped...to make things even funnier, he told me it happened when he slid out of the car upon arrival that morning. SO...that means he golfed a WHOLE day with the breeze a flappin' on his backside.

Made for good entertainment on the golf course...

GOLF, anyone?

10 comments:

LL said...

i am laughing out loud. Jane is here on my lap asking me WHAT's SO FUNNY.
THIS is so funny. It's a good look. golf needs a little more excitment...leave it to Steve to provide it.

Aaron said...

what a co-inky-dink. i went golfing yesterday too! the original weather forecast of rain kept all the crowds away and we had the place to ourselves. and even though we were just down the street, it was the LONGEST golf outing i've ever experienced. we were gone from 9 to 3. anyway - i want to go again, so tell steve to bring his air conditioned pants and come down soon.

Ashlee said...

It's called KARMA. :0)

My hubby plays in tournaments too, and those are definitely LONG weekends for me. His pants haven't ripped though...DANG IT!

Gilbert Family said...

I'm with Laura, I think golfing could use alittle more excitement...even if it's at the expense of someone elses bum :)

Did he win the tournament??

Alicia said...

It almost seems a little bit of justice was served. That is too funny. What would it be like to be able to spend a day playing? I am a golf widow too.

Adam and Anya said...

Great blog! I've gone through most of your family's blogs. We just barely started ours and we hope to connect with your family more! Love you all!

Jared said...

I can understand the golf widow comment, especially when is is "business related"
So I decided to take up golfing myself so as not to be left out of the loop. My husband actually bends over backwards to let me go practice.
I think he hopes it will improve my attitude about his hobby...suuuure!

Anonymous said...

So Beck I can do the magic stitch on them.
mom

Cindi said...

TWO comments...so, it shows Steve's good nature to actually (1)play anyway (Is is just dedication to the game?)(2) LET YOU TAKE A PHOTO! And share it!!!

What a hoot!!!

Anonymous said...

funny